Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Say Gbye 2 txtspeak


Cell phones and anything having to do with them has gotten way out of control over the past few years. I mean those iPhone's are like $500. Who needs all of these options anyways? My first cell phone was purchased at the age of 16. It didn't have a camera, text messaging, or long distance. I didn't want all that stuff, nor could I afford it. Yea, I guess I've never really been "in" with the technology, but thats because I didn't want to get stuck in the same rutt as everyone else. I was trying to graduate and worrying about who was dating who every second of my day wouldn't have gotten me across the stage.
My own parents didn't even get cell phones until a couple years ago. They always knew what I was doing, I only thought it was fair I knew what they were doing every once in a while.
Although teenagers are primarily being targeted as obsessive texters, adults are doing it now too. My mother even text messages now and shes one of the most technically challenged people I know. Now that's crazy! LOL.
"Text messages are much more short and to the point." Really? That is bologna! People text because they are bored and have too much time on their hands. Picking up the phone is so much quicker not to mention the professional aspect of it. Don't get me wrong, I text, but I prefer sticking to proper English and professional e-mails. "Is texting sabotaging younger job seekers?" Until I read this article I hadn't heard anything about it, but I guess it is and it's pretty ridiculous. Any one who can send an e-mail, text, or turn in a resume to their future employer full of textspeak and emoticons all over it needs to seriously reevaluate their lives. Maybe parents shouldn't be buying their children cell phones at the age of 12 and should be baned entirely in schools. G2G! TTYL!

1 comment:

Paul G. said...

Good use of humor with your conclusion.